Just one day after FBI agents raided former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence, Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania said that the FBI has now confiscated his cellphone.
In a statement to Fox News, Perry said that he had been traveling with his family earlier on Tuesday, when he was approached by three FBI agents who handed the congressman a warrant and seized his cellphone.
“This morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone. They made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish. I’m outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland’s DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress,” Perry said in a statement to Fox News.
“My phone contains info about my legislative and political activities, and personal/private discussions with my wife, family, constituents, and friends. None of this is the government’s business,” he continued.
Perry added that “as with President Trump last night, DOJ chose this unnecessary and aggressive action instead of simply contacting my attorneys. These kinds of banana republic tactics should concern every Citizen — especially considering the decision before Congress this week to hire 87,000 new IRS agents to further persecute law-abiding Citizens.”
Perry is a five-term Republican congressman and ally of Trump and backer of Trump’s claims that the 2020 election featured massive voter fraud. He is also a founding member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, and was made the group’s leader at the beginning of the year.
Perry has also been a person of interest to the January 6 Select Committee, as Perry was reportedly in communication with the Trump White House in the days and weeks leading up to the January 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol building.
On Monday morning, over 30 FBI agents raided Trump’s Palm Beach residence, seizing over a dozen boxes of documents.
(From The Post Millennial – READ ORIGINAL)