The Democrat governor of Nevada signed an order yesterday banning the use of Chloroquine or Hydroxychloroquine in treating the coronavirus:
WASHINGTON TIMES – Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus.
Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s order Tuesday restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine comes after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment for the virus.
Sisolak said in a statement that there’s no consensus among experts or Nevada doctors that the drugs can treat people with COVID-19. His order also limits a prescription to a 30-day supply to ensure it’s available for “legitimate medical purposes” and so that people cannot find a way to stockpile the drug.
I understand not wanting people to stockpile the drug because there are other legitimate illnesses that need it. Putting a limit on how much can be dispensed in prescriptions at one time doesn’t seem unreasonable.
But banning its use in treating coronavirus just seems epically ridiculous to me, especially when there are so many good results from the drug. Mike Pence just said yesterday that the FDA is approving hydroxychloroquine for off-label use. New York State has smartly done the opposite of Sisolak and has given the go ahead to doctors to use it to treat coronavirus cases.
Fortunately Nevada only has 278 cases as of this morning and they’ve only had 4 deaths so far. But even so, I’m glad I don’t live there and feel bad for the people who do who might contract the virus.
UPDATE: The numbers have gone up…