Music mogul and entrepreneur Sean “Diddy” Combs has a big announcement: He’s started a new political party.
And why? The entertainer’s deeply troubled over the state of the nation, particularly where race is concerned.
And he doesn’t think Donald Trump is helping.
Hence, on Friday, he tweeted thusly:
“The NUMBER ONE priority is to get Trump out of office. HE HAS TO GO. We can’t allow this man to continue to try and DIVIDE US. The people that have the most responsibility and should be SCARED TO DEATH of this man are white people. WE ARE ON THE VERGE OF A RACE WAR.”
As part of Diddy’s work toward the opposite, he’s formed “Our Black Party.”
It’s neither Democrat nor Republican — it’s about being black.
Therefore, he said, it will help the “political agenda” of black Americans.
“I’m launching one of the boldest things I’ve ever launched,” he tweeted.
“Things have got too serious. It would be irresponsible of me to have us hold our vote hostage. But it would also be irresponsible of me to let this moment go by and not make sure going forward we are doing what it takes to own our politics. … The mission is to create a platform to help advance a political agenda that addresses the needs of Black people. So, going forward we aren’t in the same position we are in today.”
He encouraged followers to get more information at OurBlackParty.org.
The site lists nine tenets:
- Black people have a right to own their politics.
- Black people have a right to a fair and just criminal legal system.
- Black people have a right to economic equity and equality within the United States of America.
- Black people have a right to health equity in the United States of America.
- Black people have a right to educational equity in the United States of America.
- Black people have a right to every unalienable right guaranteed in the constitution of the United States.
- Black people have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- Black people are not a monolithic group and, therefore, we have a right to advocate for different things.
- Above all, Black people have a responsibility to love each other and accountability is love.
To that end, Sean’s Team Biden — he wants Joe installed and his formerly chlorine-soaked feet held to the fire:
“We need to get Biden in and hold him accountable. Trump has taken things too far. As Black people, we aren’t even a topic of real discussion. We can no longer stand for doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. That’s insanity! It’s time we unify.”